Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How can I alter the pH of water in a quick way with readily available supplies?

So I'm behind on my summer science experiment due on September 3rd. I need to design an experiment, and for mine, I'm going to test the effect of water of different pH on seed germination.



What easily attainable acid (or base) is there to change pH? Where can I purchase/get it, and where can I get pH paper?



I need to get the supplies TODAY.



ThanksHow can I alter the pH of water in a quick way with readily available supplies?
vinegar or baking soda, for pH paper, go to pool supply company...good luck with you experiment!How can I alter the pH of water in a quick way with readily available supplies?
pool supply store for the test strips.Lye for alkali(it's in oven cleaner and drain cleaner),Bleach for the Acid(Laundry Cupboard),also try orange juice,apple juice(Citric and Ascorbic Acid,very mild),And chalk sticks or TUMs for acid Neutralization.
Hardware stores sell PH kits also.


baking soda

No comments:

Post a Comment