Monday, November 22, 2010

How do i change the ph level in my 125 gallon tank?

ok well i have a 125 gallon community tank with just enough fish ,today i tested my ph and ammonia levels and my ph is at 5.5 way to low for my liking my ammonia level is at 0 perfect ! but i don't know how to increase the level , there are product that do that but witch one should i use? witch is best ? and how much do i use and for how long ? i know your only suppose to change 0.5 a day how do i do that ? and how bad is having my ph a 5.5 for my fish and plants ?How do i change the ph level in my 125 gallon tank?
Hey Kevin,



Any stable ph level in an aquarium is great. But if you wanna increase the ph level you should do it gruadually, if you yo - yo the ph levels it can kill ur fish, =S and you dont want that. If you add a little ITTY BITTY bit of salt it can increase the ph levels a bit, but i wouldnt do it. Ummm, tembien recuerda que si logras el ph level que qieres, no se va a quedar a ese nivel. Wat I sugest is to just leave it the way it is, if its not doing any harm to the fish.

Just use the best available water, and dont aim for the ';perfect'; ph level cuz its not gonna happen.

In my house I have a water softner and i dont add any chemicals or NOTHING to my fish tanks and it is perfect. when i wanna setup a new fishtank i just add water, filter and a heater and im good to go, so i suggest that you invest in a water softer, its awsssoooooome....anyways,



ValerieHow do i change the ph level in my 125 gallon tank?
Generally, what happens when your pH drops as low as it is, you have lost a bit of the buffering ability of your water. I imagine you want to get closer to neutral, so you should look for something like Seachem's neutral buffer. It should help raise the pH level of your tank and help prevent rebound - the sudden drop back to the lower pH. You will need to follow the instructions on the label. I have used this stuff before. There are some fish that enjoy soft acidic water, Angels, Tetras, and Discus. So the 5.5 pH is nothing to really panic over. I do not think Livebearers care much for this low of a pH. Another thing that will raise the pH and the buffering of the water would be to condition some tap water. Most tap water is around 8.0 to 8.2 pH. This may go a bit better than the chemicals. Of course, detoxify the tap water.



Hope this helps.



If you are concerned about the high 8.0 pH tap water, you could use RO or Distilled water.

No comments:

Post a Comment