Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change the PH of my aquarium water?

seriously I've tried everything: adding special chemicals, 100% water changes... everything (its sitting at 9.0 and i want to buy the green betta before someone buys it)



and now about 4 days ago these little tufts of algae started sprouting all over the front of the tank (they look like little bushes about 0.5 cm apart)



PLEASE HELPHow to change the PH of my aquarium water?
Drift wood will lower the pH. Make sure to boil the wood for 20 minutes to kill any parasites in the wood. This also helps remove the tannis which makes the water brown.



I had the same problem in my 26gal tank. I put in 3 pieces of dritwood and my pH went from 7.8 to 6.0.How to change the PH of my aquarium water?
try getting reverse osmosis or distilled water and mix it with some of your tap. some pet stores might be able to do that for you.
you can buy the green betta and keep it in the cup until you get the water chemistry to where you need it. Im sure the betta would do the same thing in the cup at your house as it would in the pet store. As for your water problem im guessing cause you have buffers in the tank or your household tap has a very high pH. If you have things like sea shells, coral, buffering sands, things of that nature you need to take them out if you don't have those then see if your local fish store has RO water that they sell (mine sells 4 gallons for around 3 dollars) the pH should be good for the betta if it is just the RO water and none from your tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment