Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rate of reaction Enzyme/pH? Plotting a graph!?

Hello. I have a question about how i would go about plotting a graph from results gained from an experiment on enzyme activity under different pH values. Here is how i would get my results.



Test the enzyme under different pH conditions and measure the time taken for a certain property to change (maybe colour of indicator or whatever) / s



So now i have the time taken in sec for this property to happen at different pH do i need to work out the rate of reaction of each pH experiment and plot that? or just plot time to change against pH.



If i was just plotting the time taken for the change to occur with my collected experimental data i would not get the normal pH bell shaped line in my graph. However if i plotted rate agianst pH i would. So my question is what units would i need to put on my y axis if i plotted rate of reaction against pH?



as my results will be the time taken for a property to change, most likely Color i wont have a unit/time result it would be pH/time but you cant get say 0.1pH per second so im guessing i would have to go with 1/time? so say my result was 72 s id do 1/72 = 0.014 (unit??) i would then plot my graph with this rate agains the pH but what do i lable my y axis (Rate of reaction / ?what units?)Rate of reaction Enzyme/pH? Plotting a graph!?
Plot rate on the y-axis as 1/time. Units = sec-1.
  • get pregnant advice
  • good place to get teens comforters
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment